The Planning Directorate is working on the production of a National Development Framework (NDF). The NDF will set out a 20-year land use framework for Wales and will replace the current Wales Spatial Plan.
The NDF will:
- set out where nationally important growth and infrastructure is needed and how the planning system – nationally, regionally and locally – can deliver it
- provide direction for Strategic and Local Development Plans and support the determination of Developments of National Significance
- sit alongside Planning Policy Wales, which sets out the Welsh Government’s planning policies and will continue to provide the context for land use planning
- support national economic, transport, environmental, housing, energy and cultural strategies and ensure they can be delivered through the planning system
- be reviewed every 5 years
Click here to see more https://gweddill.gov.wales/topics/planning/national-development-framework-for-wales/?lang=en